What are dental cleanings and exams?
Dental cleanings and exams are important parts of your routine dental visits, and they provide a foundation for lasting oral health. Generally performed by one of our dental hygienists, under the direction of our dentist, Dr. Saigh, a dental cleaning and exam helps us prevent decay and ensure no problematic conditions are emerging. During a dental cleaning and exam, we will:
- Thoroughly clean, dry, and polish each tooth
- Check for signs of tooth decay or damage
- Examine existing fillings and other restorations for any needed repairs
- Provide topical fluoride treatments to strengthen your tooth enamel
- Perform an oral cancer screening
- Check for symptoms of periodontal disease
- Review your dental history
During your dental exam and teeth cleaning in Iron River, Michigan, you can also ask us any questions you have and share your concerns. Our dental team is committed to listening to you and helping you feel confident in the care you receive at our dental office.
How should I take care of my smile at home?
At Saigh Family Dental, we also provide comprehensive tips and instructions for building good oral hygiene habits when you are not at our office. A beautiful smile begins at home! This includes proper brushing and flossing techniques, information about our recommended dental products, and how to eat for a healthier smile.
For more information about how we care for your smile and to schedule your dental cleaning and exam, please call or visit our office today.