Preventing oral cancer is extremely important as over 42,000 new cases are found every year in the US. The prevalence of oral cancer is growing, and so too are the methods for spotting it sooner. The quicker oral cancer is found, the greater the chance for a successful recovery. Here are some keys to spotting oral cancer:
– Persistent sore throats and pains in the back of your throat could be signs of something more severe, including signs of oral cancer.
– Bouts of numbness or streaking pains within the facial area may be a sign of an underlying disorder such as oral cancer.
– Bleeding from your mouth may be a sign of oral cancer.
– Significant changes within your smile can include drastic weight loss, changes in your teeth’s alignment, and issues when speaking or eating.
– Look for visible symptoms of damage, including irregular or abnormal colored and speckled patches, bumps and lumps, and eroded areas with your gums.
– Sometimes, wounds that do not heal rapidly in your head and face could be a sign of oral cancer.
Dr. Frederick M. Saigh, III and our team at Saigh Family Dental will help you with your oral cancer screenings and biopsies. If you would like to schedule a visit to our dentist office in Iron River, Michigan, please call us at 906-265-0050. We look forward to hearing from you soon!