As part of our commitment to you, our team at Saigh Family Dental provides multiple specialized treatments to help you achieve the smile of your dreams. Our talented dentist and team use the most advanced technologies in combination with modern techniques to ensure that each treatment is of high quality and is tailored to your individual needs. Some of the additional treatments we will provide for you include:
Dr. Saigh has the necessary training and education to provide oral surgery. Oral surgery encompasses a wide range of surgical treatments that improve the health, function, and beauty of your teeth, gums, and jaw. There are many different oral surgery treatments for many different conditions. With great skill and care, our dentist will help determine which oral surgery treatments your smile needs, depending on what part of your oral cavity is damaged and on your individual dental needs. Possible oral surgery treatments include:
- The extraction of impacted wisdom teeth
- Placement of dental implants
- Treatment of dental trauma
- Surgery for TMJ (temporomandibular joint) disorders
- Other jaw-related conditions
We want you to feel comfortable each time you walk into our dental office, and we work hard to guarantee you are confident in the oral surgery treatments we offer to you. To make sure all of your questions and concerns are taken into account, we will walk you through each step of the treatment process.
OralID™ Oral Cancer Screening
Oral cancer is cancer of the mouth and can appear on almost any surface in your mouth, including your tongue, gums, lips, cheeks, and roof or floor of your mouth. It can also affect your salivary glands that help keep your mouth hydrated. The most common signs and symptoms of oral cancer are white or red patches in your mouth, persistent ulcers and sores that do not go away after an extended period of time, and constant pain in your mouth and throat.
At Saigh Family Dental, our entire dental team is passionate about taking care of your smile and preventing oral cancer. That is why we will perform an oral cancer screening during each routine checkup. In an effort to provide you with the best dentistry possible, we utilize OralID™ as our premier oral cancer screening system.
What is OralID?
OralID is an easy, quick, and non-invasive way to check your oral cavity for signs of oral cancer. OralID uses fluorescent technology to differentiate between healthy cells and ones that are abnormal or cancerous. To perform an oral cancer screening in Iron River, Michigan, Dr. Saigh, our caring dentist, simply wears the OralID glasses and shines the OralID handheld light into your mouth. When seen through the lenses of the OralID glasses, your oral cells will change color depending on their health. Healthy cells will turn green, while abnormal tissues will turn a dark color. In a matter of minutes, we can determine whether oral cancer is a possibility.
request an appointment
Dr. Saigh offers ozone therapy to enhance your experience during your treatment. Ozone is created by passing medical-grade pure oxygen through a corona discharge generator, creating pure 03 or ozone. Once ozone is created, it can be used in a liquid form (ozonated water) or gas form. When ozone gas is filtered through pure olive oil, it forms a thick clear ointment (ozonated olive oil). Ozone therapy can kill bacteria, viruses, fungus, and parasites, all without side effects of antibiotic therapy.
How is Ozone Therapy used in dentistry?
- Periodontal disease: Ozone can be used to help treat periodontal disease by using ozonated water flushed below the gum line and/or ozone gas infiltrated into the gum tissue and supporting tissues
- Root canals: Ozone is used in all forms during root canal treatment to kill bacteria, sterilize the canal system, and stimulate faster healing. As a gas, ozone can get to places traditional liquids can not because the gas can permeate the tiny tubules that cannot otherwise be accessed, thereby getting a truly sterile, bacteria-free root canal system before sealing the canals.
- Decay: Ozone can be used to kill decay-causing bacteria. Since ozone is a gas, it can permeate into areas below the gum line, into the grooves of teeth, and over the smooth surfaces of the teeth, killing bacteria on contact. Because ozone acts to recalcify tooth structure, areas of the tooth that have been treated with ozone are stronger than what was there before.
- Sensitivity: Because ozone can harden compromised tooth structure, flooding a sensitive area or tooth with ozone gas can effectively eliminate sensitivity. We have successfully addressed many patients’ sensitivity issues with ozone therapy.
- Safety: Ozone does not have any contraindications with other medications; therefore, cross reactions are not a concern at all. You cannot be allergic to ozone because you cannot be allergic to oxygen.